Bollywood Sexy Dhamaal News of the Week

Katrina Kaif sister has come into Bollywood RACEIsabel, a young starlet from the United Kingdom, is bent upon gatecrashing into Bollywood. But why is Salman Khan equally bent upon helping her out? It would be natural for anyone maybe, not only for Salman, to play godfather to a sexy young thing especially if she has a striking resemblance to his steady Katrina (remember how he cast Sneha Ullal, an Aishwarya Rai look-alike, in Lucky?). What's more, Isabel even shares Katrina's surname, Kaif! Well, she would share the surname, but not Katrina's boyfriend Salman. That's bvecause she is one of the seven Kaif sisters, and Katrina happens to be one of them READ MORE

Tuesday, September 25, 2007


“I don’t think SRK can be born again” - Shah Rukh Khan
Lately in news for his six packs, the Badshah of Bollywood aka Shah Rukh Khan speaks about his forthcoming film Om Shanti Om and how Bhansali’s Saawariya is not a threat.

The music of Om Shanti Om is catching really fast

Vishal and Shekhar have given it a lot of thought before deciding upon the music for Om Shanti Om . The interesting thing about the music of OSO is that it has been made in two contrasting periods, one of the 70’s and one for 2007. So we hope that the music of both the eras is liked by audiences. Pyarelalji has composed the music for us for the first half of the film that depicts the 70’s. Farah too has a good sense of music. I do not have a great knowledge of music but I have been fortunate that over the years my films have always had good music directors. And the singers in the film Abhijeet, Sonu and Shreya have all been great in the film. There are two to three songs that are too good. I think youngsters will like Dard-E-Disco a lot apart from which we have also included dance mixes as well. Om Shanti Om , I would say, has a lot of variety to offer as far as music is concerned.

What sets Om Shanti Om apart from the conventional?
At the outset I would say that it is not possible to make every person happy. And also I am not in a position to explain how different Om Shanti Om is. Although the film is about reincarnation and has lots of drama, it has its humourous moments too. As a producer, to recreate the sets of the 70’s was very exciting for me and no filmmaker has tried to relive that period in Hindi cinema before. Hence it was a very enriching experience for me. Also I have a personal thinking that the term Bollywood has been derived from the 70’s cinema. Nor has it has been taken from the 50’s or 60’s or the 90’s. Bollywood has been identified by the global audience as having side locks, wearing bell-bottoms and having long hair and to portray that was exciting. I wanted Farah to do the same for her first film Main Hoon Na when we rewind to my youthful days. Om Shanti Om is a film from the 70’s and yet modern.

Do you personally have a belief in reincarnation?
No, I do not believe in it. I don’t think I can be born again.

How difficult was it for you to build your body that too at such short notice?
See nothing is difficult to achieve if you desire to work for it. Even our film has a main line that says everything turns out to be OK in the end and if it is still not ok then there is hope. I had hope even at my age that I can have abs and my children like it as well. Earlier I had a back surgery and I was told to have regular workouts to improve the flexibility. Four months back I was on diet control. I also took some supplements like amino acids and fat burners and I did 500 to 700 crunches. That has made a difference. And I feel good now having done it. I would advise all youngsters to do the same and stay fit because a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.

Whose idea was it to shoot a song with you wearing nothing but a shirt?
Farah always had this dream that I perform a song for her without a shirt. She tried it in Kaal where she made me wear a banian (vest). When I looked at bodies of Salman, John or Hrithik I felt that even I could try to compete with them, though they all have much more fantastic physiques. But I did not want to feel ashamed of myself and so I tried my best. I think that I have sort of succeeded in my endeavour. So the idea was certainly Farah’s but I had set a condition that I would bare my chest when I have a good one. I put in the efforts for the last three to four months and feel I have done just fine.

Tell us something about the characters in Om Shanti Om..
One of the characters is Om Prakash Makhija. And Shreyas who plays a very important role in the film always reminds him that he will never become a star because of his name which is Om Prakash Makhija. He is a 70’s character who is a struggling artist and wants to be a superstar but never succeeds. The second character is Om Kapoor who is a superstar but is not talented. These two characters along with Shanti (played by Deepika Padukone) form the storyline.

No comments: